With a sip of champagne, the blink of an eye and blissful kiss, we say goodbye to 2018 and hello to 2019.
As we hit the road running, or driving in an RV, we have a lot to look forward to in the New Year.
The Association and its members are very busy preparing for our seventh Boston RV & Camping Expo since partnering with Paragon Group to launch the 2013 show at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center. A few months after that very successful event, I was hired as the Executive Director of the New England RV Dealers Association.
This year’s show sold out in a few weeks as our dealers recognize the value of a professional owned and managed event that continues to get better each year. This year we hope to get close to, or perhaps surpass, the 20,000-attendee mark ….. an incredible achievement!
Looking forward to 2019 we have our work cut out for us:
- Promote the upcoming Boston RV Expo with Sneak Peaks and Videos
- Assure another great Boston RV Expo for members and attendees
- Deliver quality seminars at the Boston RV Expo
- Continue improving our new consumer website
- Begin branding our RVing in New England online talk show with our new logo
- Consistent blog postings
- Launch a new Podcast feature that will showcase RVing in New England
- Promote our dealer open house activities throughout the year
- Support our dealers in other regional consumer RV shows this winter/spring
- Develop a Calendar of Events page on the NERVDA website
- Strive to reach 15,000 Facebook fans by the end of the year
- Attend RVX, the RV Experience, a new industry trade event in March
- Attend the Elkhart Dealer Open House week activities in September
- Attend the RVDA International Convention in November
- Continue our work at the technician training strategic task force
I’m sure there will be more things added to the list as we get deeper into the New Year. One this is certain, we will be busy supporting our Dealers and Associate Members and providing informative, educational, and fun events for the RV enthusiasts throughout New
None of this would be possible without the continued support of our Board of Directors, our members, and our fans – and we thank each and every one of you.
Happy New Year!